Drainage And Sewer Problems To Give You Alert Sign
The importance of a good plumbing system in a house cannot be stressed enough. In order to keep your plumbing system working efficiently, you have to keep your eyes and ears open to certain signs and symptoms that might indicate towards a fault in the system. Having these defects fixed on time by a plumber can prevent a lot of damage from taking place, subsequently saving you from a plumbing emergency that might cost you a fortune.
Symptoms Of A Clogged Sewer Drain
A clogged sewer drain is not something that should be taken lightly. If you do not get it fixed on time, it might escalate to a plumbing emergency that can cause health and sanitation problems. The thing is, if the sewer drain is clogged, the sewer water having no way to get out, would find a way to get back into the household plumbing system.
- Toilets are one of the best indicators of any faulty sewer drains since they have the most direct path to the sewer and posses the biggest drain line. It can be inferred that the toilets would not function properly if there is a case of a clogged sewer drain.
- The second most important indicators would be the presence of any blockage in the tub and shower drains. Since they are located at a lower level than the sink drains, they get affected by any problem in the main line.
- Try flushing the toilet and see if the water backs up or comes up into the tub or shower. If you see this happening, your sewer drain is clogged because the flushed water was not able to go down the sewer drain. Instead, this water found its way back into the pipes and came out at the lowest point that is the shower drain in most cases.
- Run water in the sink that is located very near to the toilet for some time. If you see the water level in the toilet rising or see bubbles in it, this is an indication of trapped air in the plumbing system. The clog is most likely to be in the main sewer line.
Other Symptoms Pointing To Plumbing Problems
- Presence of sediments in water is a clear indication that the water has backed up from the main sewer line and not just in the internal plumbing of your home.
- Another indication is the foul smell. The pipes carrying sewage are airtight but due to blockage, the might develop cracks. The stench of sewage can leak through these cracks.
- Molds can grow from the place where a sewage pipe has broken.
Once you have concluded that there is no sort of problem in your plumbing system, it is prudent to call in the assistance of professional plumbing services in Surrey. You can contact 911 Plumbing Heating Drainage, LTD for long-term plumbing solutions. Their trained and licensed plumbers would fix your plumbing troubles in no time.