Posted in Plumbing
Choosing plumbers in Surrey or anywhere else is not easy. You of course want the services to be top notch, and so it is more than important to consider few factors. Proper research is all that you need in order to get quality plumbers to do your plumbing work.
Check the following factors out when looking for a plumbing company in Surrey:
The most important thing that you need to check is whether the company you hire has a valid license to offer you plumbing services. Plumbing is something that affects your and your family’s live directly. You can hire a plumber to repair your pipes, water from which you use to cook. Or you can also hire a plumber to repair the waste pit. Any mistake from their end can lead to serious health complications. So, make sure you hire licensed plumbers only.
Next comes experience. Certain plumbing issues can be serious and only experienced plumbers would be able to help in such cases. The more experience a plumber is, the more confident he would be and he would also be able to offer you all kinds of plumbing services. While looking for plumbing services in Surrey, try and look for a company that has been here at least for a few years.
There is no point in calling a plumber of repairing faucets and calling someone else for sewage issues. Make sure that the company you hire has technicians who can take of all kinds of plumbing issues. Emergency service is another thing that you need to keep in mind. What would happen if a pipe breaks at the middle of the night? You probably cannot wait till the morning to get it repaired.
Needless to say, every household has a budget set for every month. Minor plumbing issues are not to be worried about. However, what if there is a complicated plumbing issue which requires attention right now? It can affect your budget to a great extent. Regardless of that, you would be in a tough position if the plumber you hire quote something after inspection and makes a bill with double the amount, after the completion of the work. Make sure the company you hire communicates clearly and offers free estimates.
911 Plumbing & Heating – One Solution for Plumbing Issues
Here, at 911 Plumbing & Heating, we offer you the best quality of services as far as plumbing is concerned. All our technicians are licensed and experienced. We offer all kinds of plumbing services and offer free estimates too. So, if you are looking for a plumber in Surrey, call us and we would do the needful for you. We offer commercial services as well.
Posted in Plumbing
Shifting into a new apartment in Surrey? Is it a rented one or you are buying a second-hand house? Regardless of what you have opt for, it is really important that you inspect the property well before moving in. Along with all the other things, plumbing inspection is crucial. What would happen if a pipe breaks at the middle of the night? You would be more in trouble, if it happens to be a new area and you do not know anybody there.
So, make sure that you get the following inspecting by plumbers in Surrey before moving in:
Are there water stains on the walls in the bathroom or any other room? Water stains are the signs of potential water leaks that need to be taken care of. Make sure to ask your plumber to check all the showers, taps, bathtubs along with bathrooms and kitchens properly.
Mildew and Mold
While it is known that almost every household needs to deal with a little amount of mildew and mold in the bathrooms, too much of them is a matter of concern. And this is something that should not be ignored as overabundance of mildew and mold can lead to health problems.
Age of Hot Water Systems
Hot water systems last for 10-15 years, provided they have serviced regularly. Make the plumber in Surrey inspect the hot water system as well. If you shift in and then you find a problem, then it might cost you a bomb for its repair. This is crucial as it is impossible to survive during the winters without hot water. Check for frozen pipes too.
Inconsistent or low water pressure is another problem that you might have to face. Talk to your neighbors and ask them about the water pressure in that area. If they say it is fine, then there is nothing much that you can do.
If you are moving into a new apartment, you need to keep in mind that you would be sharing the same drainage and plumbing issue. So, it is better if you ask your neighbors if there is anything kind of perpetual plumbing issue they face before choosing the apartment.
These are some of the things that you should ask a plumber to inspect in your new house before you move in. If you are looking for a trusted and reliable plumbing company in Surrey, we can help you out. We at 911 Plumbing and Heating offer all kinds of inspecting services, apart from talking to your neighbors. Our plumbing services in Surrey are in great demand as we have a team of experienced and professional technicians offering high quality services.
Posted in Plumbing
Plumbing issues are not all the time obvious and some are well hidden. It is important that you find out such issues before they pose more damage for your home. Many homeowners call upon the plumbers on trivial issues, which they can detect quite easily. The tips discussed below can help you save a lot of money on plumbing issues. However, if the plumbing problem is a serious one, then do call upon an expert plumber in Surrey for instant help.
How to Detect Hidden Plumbing Issues?
- Be Careful About Low Water Pressure: Sometimes, while taking a shower you may find that the water pressure is not right. You may also face problem to get the water out of the faucet. This is a sign of a big plumbing issue. Either there can be a major blockage, leak or some other serious problem related to plumbing. You must check the shut-off valve to ensure that it is in order. However, if that is not the problem then do call upon a professional.
- Check The Back Of Your Appliances: The dishwasher, fridge and washer everything needs to use water and depends on the plumbing system at your home. Sometimes, when there is a plumbing problem check for leakages instead of wasting water. To find out hidden problems check behind the appliances at home.
- Check the Boiler: The older boiler models last for about 10 years while the new ones have life span of 20 years. If your boiler model is too old, then it requires immediate replacement so that you can avoid serious plumbing issues.
- Inspect Flooring: Many a times, there can be leakages hidden in the pipes that are present under the flooring of your house. So, do check your house’s flooring when you search for a hidden plumbing issue. You may find that the hardwood floor is soft and the tile flooring is peeling and loose.
- Mold Problem: If there is any hidden leakage at your home then you can find the growth of molds throughout the house. When you notice a serious mold problem in multiple locations of your house, then it is definitely an indication of undetected leak. Plumbing services in Surrey can help you get rid of such troubles quite easily.
- Inspect Connections And Hoses: If the water supply connections are easily accessible, then separate them from the appliances to check for debris. If you cannot unscrew a particular supply point then it is an indication of either amateur repairs or hidden defects.
- Sagging Ceiling: Check the ceilings, which are below the upstairs bathroom. If there are any stains then it is quite evident that there is a leakage.
Make it a point that you check for these plumbing leaks at regular intervals to avoid emergencies. Remember detection is the key to prevent troubles.
To get your plumbing issues solved by professional plumbers in Surrey, do rely on 911 Plumbing Heating Drainage, LTD. We are the most trusted plumbing company in Surrey, which uses top quality products and equipment while servicing your house. Our team of experts can handle any plumbing problem with ease. We also offer special online discounts to our customers.
Posted in Plumbing
With the summers here, you may be gearing up for afternoon parties and backyard barbecues. At the same time, you must cater some attention to the plumbing system at your home. The warm weather brings with it a number of plumbing problems. As a homeowner, you must be aware of such issues and know the means to avoid them. Plumbing services in Surrey help you to readily solve plumbing issues in no time. Read the common problems that can occur in your house this summer.
- Toilet Clogs: The household toilets get used more in the summers. Teach your children to make use of toilet paper modestly. They are to flush only when they use the bathroom actually. Common clogs can be easily cleared with a plunger. However, if the clog is complex then you may need the plumber’s help.
- Sprinkler Issues: Do inspect and clean the sprinkler heads before summer starts. Lower the sprinkler heads when you mow the lawn. This prevents them from being damaged.
- Backups Of Sewer Line: Sewers tend to backup at the time of storms and also during rains when the ground gets saturated. To avoid the worst problems, get your sewers serviced before the summers. Plumbers in Surrey often recommend the installation of drain plug to the homeowners. This helps to prevent the water from backups during storms.
- Clogged Disposal: You need to be very careful about the disposal of waste food. Although, the produce is organic but it is not at all good for the in-sink disposal of garbage at your home. You need to be extra careful when you get rid of hard vegetables and fruits like corn or watermelon. They can cause harm to the blades of your disposal unit. This can result in stubborn clogs. The garbage disposal units also get damaged when you pour dirty cooking oil in the drain. Allow cold water to run through the unit for sometime after and before use. This helps to clear out any remaining food in the system.
- Maintenance of Washing Machine: During the summer season, your washing machine is put to greater workout. This specially happens when you have children going to school. Time spent at beaches and pools increase the amount of laundry. Thus, the machine goes through a lot of stress during this time. You should make it a point to stay at home when the machine is in operation. This is beneficial if there is a sudden problem and you can quickly call an expert to handle it. Move your machine a little away from the wall so that the hose does not kink.
The simple tips mentioned above can help you to save on your water bill and prevents any disaster at home. Even if you notice some serious issue, there is nothing to panic as you easily get a reliable plumber in Surrey to help you out.
911 Plumbing Heating Drainage, LTD. is a leading plumbing company in Surrey, which offers round the clock emergency services to the customers. Our professional drain cleaning services, sewer line repair, servicing of water heaters, etc help to keep the plumbing system at your house in perfect condition. We strive to offer 100% satisfaction to our customers.
Posted in Water Wastage
Plumbing issues can spoil your day and disturb the routine activities such as washing clothes, cooking etc. Be it large problem or small one like a low-pressure water flow in taps and showers, it is still going to bother you through the day.
Many homeowners around the world have experienced this problem once in a while. Though there is no doubt that low water pressure is a time to call a professional plumber in Surrey, the real challenge lies in the identification of the real cause. Here are few reasons behind the decrease in the water pressure:
Accumulation in the pipes
There can be several types of debris build-ups in your home’s pipes. It could be that dirt and sand have accumulated due to the presence of fractures. Even if there is no fracture, the mineral can build up causing blockage in the pipes. Lastly, corrosion is another cause of decreased water pressure in some cases. Remember, no matter how little the accumulated substance is, it would definitely affect your water pressure.
This is yet another reason for limited water flow in your taps. Leakage is easy to identify in case you have leaky taps or visible damage in pipes. However, in most of the cases, people fail to identify leakage because it is in internal piping areas.
Leakage not only reduces the water flow disrupting your household chores but also adds up to the water bill. You would always find the bill statement depicting more units than the water actually consumed. If you have leaky pipes, the water flow would get distributed thus, causing a decrease in the pressure.
Homeowners can recognise leakage by simply shutting down the water taps outside and inside the house. Next, you need to record the water meter reading instantly. Wait for some time and check the water meter reading again. A change in the meter reading is symbolic of a leaky pipe. You should call a professional plumbers in Surrey immediately.
It is not necessary that the low-pressure water is associated with your home’s plumbing only. It could be that there is a problem from the end of your water provider. A decrease in water pressure from their end is surely going to affect your supply of water. You can either consult the municipal water supplier directly or discuss it with your neighbours if they are facing the same sort of problem.
Apart from this, sometimes peak periods ad turned off valves can also cause low pressure I water supply. You should never panic upon encountering a plumbing issue. Just make sure not to delay the repairs and assistance requirement. Instead call a professional plumbing company in Surrey right away.
About 911 Plumber Heating Drainage Ltd.
We are well-known and leading plumber company in Surrey. At 911 Plumber heating Drainage, we understand how important plumbing issues are. This is why we provide free estimates for Plumbing services in Surrey all 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our executives would make sure are 100 percent satisfied before leaving the house.
Posted in Plumbing
Generally, plumbing problems can be treated best when identified at the earliest. It would both decrease the expense of repairs and also save your property from further damage. This is the major reason professional plumbers in Surrey advice you to seek their help as soon as possible. You should never neglect a plumbing problem for long. This can also lead to chances of replacement of parts instead.
Though some of the plumbing problems can be sensed through the flow of water, improper functioning of the flush etc., a lot of them are not too easy to detect.
Some Hidden Plumbing Problems Can Be Described As:
OUTSIDE THE HOUSE
Inspect Your Roof:
The roof of your house is constantly exposed to the outer environment. It is a hub to dirt particles, unwanted materials such as dry leaves, dead animals etc. In case, the roof is stuffed with such things all around the surface. There can be a possibility of blocked or damaged gutters too. This situation can damage your property due to the concentration of water that can run down towards the surface of your foundations.
How To Find Blocked Gutters?
Firstly, before even taking out the ladder just walk around your house and check for the signs of sagging gutters. If you happen to find out sagging within the water drainage, start clearing the unwanted particles within the gutter.
Next, check if the water still pools after cleaning. If water is still pooling, you would have to check if the gutter is rightly connected to the wall. Don’t worry; you can reinstall the gutter in its place even when it is sagging.
You can also check the ventilation and tilling of your roof. However, the homeowners have to climb up the roof for this. If you do not feel comfortable then don’t pursue this task and call for help from the Roofing Company or Plumbing Company in Surrey instead.
INSIDE THE HOUSE
Check the Tiling
Several hidden plumbing problems are caused due to steeping of water into places that it should not. Such issues can cause significant cost to the property’s maintenance and insurance budget. Poor tiling is one such problem that goes unnoticed.
You have to check all the tiled areas such as bathrooms and splash backs for the type of waterproofing used underneath. Moreover, if you are planning to renovate the bathroom anytime soon, make sure you use a high-end waterproofing to save yourself for the cost of renovation again.
Check for Leakage
A lot of times, internal piping leakage goes unnoticed by the homeowners. If you feel the water consumption estimated in your water bills is far more than the water you actually used in the house then do check your pipes for leakage issue.No matter how big your plumbing problem is, you should always seek help from a professional plumber in Surrey.
About 911 Plumber Heating Drainage Ltd.
When it comes to severe issues like plumbing and heating, it is impossible to depend upon professionals. This is when a provider of plumbing services in Surrey like 911 Plumbing comes for rescue. What next? Call us and get free estimates now!
Posted in Plumbing
Tired of everyday repairs of some part of your plumbing system? Your piping system tends to give away little by little every day? Think of how long these pipes have been servicing the place? The pipes will begin by rusting and corroding and one fine day spring a leak. Maybe it is high time you consider a complete repiping of your plumbing system. You will have to consult and hire a good plumbing service in Surrey. But before that, let us figure out if your system actually requires the repiping service or just major repairs will solve the problem.
Indicators You Cannot Overlook
Usually, there are some indicators around the place that give you enough evidence you need to decide on a repiping system. Here are the signs that you need to identify:
- Material: This is your first step towards inspecting the plumbing system – what material are your pipes made of? Every material has a lifespan and then it requires to be replaced. There are usually two main functions the pipes fulfill i.e. supply and drainage.
Supply pipes transport clean water into the house which means they bear more pressure than their counterparts. Here is a list of common materials that are used for supply pipes and their life span:
- Brass and galvanized steel: 80 – 100 years
- Copper: 70 – 80 years
Drain pipes, on the other hand, removes used water from the house. Usually materials used are:
- PVC: 24 – 40 years
- Cast iron: 80 – 100 years
- Wrong Material: Polybutylene pipes were commonly used from 1970s to 1990s. They give away too easily and if not changed, might create a bigger problem. In case you have moved into a home recently or been in a home but only lately found out that your piping system is made from polybutylene or lead, you need to consider repiping the entire system irrespective of how old it is. Lead tends to percolate into the water, in case of a lead pipe. This is harmful because lead is a toxic material.
- Leaks: Multiple leaks keep showing up which is a clear indicator that the other pipes will soon need your attention. This is because all the pipes are generally installed at the same time.
- Colored water: If you are experiencing an altered color of the water that flows out of your pipe, it is time to have a closer look at your pipes. This indicates that your pipes are rusted and that rust is contaminating your water. Note that rust can also be a result of a rusted water heater or water tank, so do your inspection carefully.
- Visible corrosion: Do a closer inspection on any exposed pipe in the basement of your building. If you are able to spot discoloration, dimpling or flaking of the pipes, it indicates corrosion.
You now need to consult a plumbing company in Surrey to conduct a more comprehensive inspection on your system and give you the final verdict. You can dial (604) 679-8000 and book an appointment with one of our experts at 911 Plumbing Heating Drainage, LTD. We use the latest piping technology – PEX pipes as well as state of the art equipment to carry out a flawless job.
Posted in Water Wastage
If you are wondering why the water bill is so high and how has the water consumption increased, you might be missing out something. Have you considered that it is not the water consumption, but the leakage that is costing you a sizeable sum of your water bill? A closer look at your plumbing is called for. You might have to consider hiring a plumbing company in Surrey.
Figure it out
Begin the task by first figuring out if there is actually a leak or you are using as much water as the meter indicates. To do this, you will need a three hour window of no water involving activities. Your main instrument here is your water meter
Step 1: Stop Usage of Water
Stop using water in the house (we mean tap-water, not stored water). This includes use of all appliances that use water like the dishwasher, sprinklers, washing machine etc. Remember to deactivate scheduled water-based tasks like sprinklers that switch on automatically at the set time.
Step 2: Record
Now you need to locate the water meter of your home. Usually, water meters are placed on the sides of the house or in the front yard corner. Note down the reading on the meter. This indicates the amount of water you have used so far.
Step 3: Three Hours
Then begins your three hours gap on using water. To get accurate results, ensure that no one in the family uses the water during these three hours.
Step 4: Recheck the Water Meter
Check the meter at the end of the three hours.
If the reading on the meter shows that water has been consumed in these three hours, it is the leakage that is costing you money. This certainly requires immediate attention.
Now that you know there is a leakage in your piping system, it is necessary to locate it and give it the attention it requires.
Here are the check points for possible leakage locations:
- Pressure relief valves installed on the hot water tanks. Incase this valve is connected to a drain making it impossible for you to check for leakages, keep your ears open for hissing sound which can indicate a leak.
- Toilets are one of the many common points of plumbing leaks. You could remove the tank lids and listen closely for leakage sounds.
- Meter Line is usually points we tend to forget. Use the shut off valve to stop the flow of water for a while and observe the meter dial for changes. If there are no changes, it indicates that the leakage is located inside the house.
- Hose Bibs inspection too is necessary, if you are sure of the leaks and have not found one in any of the above 3 places.
Course of Action
Once a leakage is confirmed and located, you need to consult an expert who can handle the repairs professionally. This will not only save the wastage of water but also let you save on water bills.
It is in this hour of need that you need to have the contacts of reliable plumbers in Surrey handy. 911 Plumbing Heating Drainage, LTD offers professional emergency plumbing services. We ensure quick yet lasting solutions for all your leakage issues. We also offer emergency services round the clock to ensure we are there for you at crucial times. You can get in touch with us on (604) 679-8000.
Posted in Plumbing
You never know when you might have to face plumbing issues, hence being ready with the telephone number of best plumbers in Surrey, is always a good idea. In such a case, you will know whom to call whenever any plumbing emergency arises. This is because you find yourself face to face with such emergencies usually at the most inopportune times. And therefore, it is good to be acquainted with an experienced and reliable plumber. This is always recommended for old people and single women.
Before you make the choice, it is better to consider some aspects that re associated with the finding of experienced plumbers in Surrey.
Choose the One Who Can Offer You Best Value
The basic fact is that you should choose the plumber wisely. Find out about their service charges. Also see to it that whether they cater to emergencies or not. And if yes, ask them about the charges they take for handling such emergencies. The best plumbing companies in Surrey are honest and clear about the charges associated with different call outs. And you obviously want to deal with someone who is fair.
Start With the Servicing
The best way to know a good plumber in Surrey is to get in touch with him for your servicing needs. In fact, it is quite vital to service equipments in order to prevent any sort of problems that follow because of neglect. As we get our cars service, the same way our plumbing and heating systems too require car and maintenance. You can ask him to service your heating system or drain field. This will give you a fair idea about the level of his skills.
Attributes Of a Reliable Plumbing Company
The plumbers, who have been in the industry for a long time and are quite experienced, often have a fixed pricing structure for their services. They are certified and know how to handle all sorts of plumbing issues in the most effective manner. It is always a good idea to hire a plumber who is fully insured as well as licensed. The ones who aren’t licensed or experienced not only charge heavily but are also unable to complete the job with expertise.
Before You Finalize
Before you actually finalize the best plumbers in Surrey, it is advisable to make sure that you find out about the kind of services they offer. This can be done by making a note of all the plumbing appliances present at your home. This will help you in short listing the most relevant choices. The plumbing company chosen by you should be able to handle new installations as well. Because you obviously do not want to hire different plumbers for different jobs! So, make a sensible selection by opting for one who can give you multitude of services and that too at a reasonable price.
911 Plumbing & Heating can be your one stop solution in Surrey while dealing with plumbing or heating system issues. Our professionals are trained and perfectly equipped to handle a variety of plumbing issues in the most effective and affordable manner.
Posted in Plumbing
At some point of time, you might need the help of expert plumbing services in surrey and surrounding areas to cater to repair and installation requirements associated with your house or office. One thing that is important to understand is that such works should be assigned only to the best plumbing companies in Surrey as they are the ones who have the right kind of training and license to handle plumbing issues in an effective manner. Furthermore, they come equipped with the right kind of tools and are aware of latest techniques, which help them in taking care of all sorts of plumbing needs in your bathroom or kitchen.
Sometimes, it becomes hard to choose the right plumbing company, especially because of multiple choices available. But make sure to hire the perfect plumber in Surrey who can work as per your expectations. Some of the attributes to look for while hiring a professional or a company include punctuality, level of expertise and availability.
A reliable company will always give you multiple advantages like fast service, free estimates and above all, fair pricing. Even if you have an emergency situation, best plumbing companies in Surrey come up with emergency services to handle such catastrophic problems in an effective manner.
How To Get Started
- Before you actually start searching for the most experienced plumbers in Surrey, it is better to list down your exact requirements. Only then you will be able to find someone that can cater to your exact plumbing needs.
- The next step is to have a word with co-workers, acquaintances, family friends and relatives so as to know if they have any particular plumbing company to recommend. Often people hire and plumbers to handle leaks, fix faucets, unclog drains and much more. The kind of services they receive helps them in giving an honest opinion the plumber or plumbing company. You can use such feedbacks to make the right choice.
- If references do not work, then it is better to check the local phone book as it is sure to contain the number of plumbingcompanies in Surrey and surrounding areas. You can make a few calls and select the one you find potential of handling your requirements.
- You can shortlist three best companies and ask them to quote their prices. This will help you in making the choice as per your wallet. Provide them about your exact information related to your plumbing issues. If the quote provided by them is acceptable you can find a few more details about the company like, the number years for which the company has been into plumbing services, the license and even the insurance. Once you are satisfied at all fronts, you can ask the company to begin the works.
For all sorts of plumbing repairs and installations, get in touch with professionals at 911 Plumbing & Heating. At 911 Plumbing & Heating, you can get in touch with highly professional and experienced plumbers in Surrey. So for all your needs, just give us a call on +1 (604) 679-8000 today!