Posted in Plumbing
With technological advancement, you would find innumerable videos and information on the ways to deal with the different types of household problems including the plumbing issues but the complicated plumbing problems still require expertise. Though the minor plumbing issues can be solved by the homeowners, for the complicated ones the professional plumbers in Surrey need to be hired. They have the right set of tools and skill for carrying out the task effectively.
Here are the reasons you should hire the professional plumbers
Technical Proficiency: professional plumbers have the technical expertise in handling the complicated plumbing tasks. Most of the plumbing jobs are simple like the leaking pipes and the blocked drains which the homeowners can fix all by themselves. Plumbers are needed to fix the complicated tasks that need greater proficiency. The professional Surrey plumbers can detect the complicated plumbing issues and repair the problem in a jiffy.
In-Depth Knowledge: Homeowners can offer a temporary solution to problems like the clogged drains by replacing the pipe sections one by one. Whereas, the professional plumbers would find out the main cause of the plumbing issue by the careful assessment of the plumbing system. Once the underlying problem is detected, he can offer a good remedy for the problem. He can even provide good suggestions on how to improve the plumbing system of a house.
Completion of Task On-Time: Professional plumbers perform several plumbing tasks at a time for offering a fast solution to a problem. Whereas, the homeowners fix one problem at a time and that could be time-consuming.
Right Tools and Equipment: The professional plumbers not only carry out the plumbing tasks effectively but even have the right tools for accomplishing the task within a short time effectively without damaging the ‘piping system’ of a house.
Professional Attitude: An expert plumber in Surrey carries out the task of plumbing effectively and offers a proper guarantee for his work. The period can be anywhere from 90 days to a year. If the problem resurfaces, you should hire experienced plumbers in Surrey by calling over the phone. The best thing is that the work can be done without paying for it. If homeowners intend to do the task themselves, they would incur a huge expenditure and will not have the right tools as well. Moreover, there would be no guarantee that the work would be carried out successfully
For all plumbing issues, hire the help of adept plumbers of 911 Plumbing Heating Drainage Ltd. We offer wall-to-wall plumbing services that include drain cleaning, repiping, hydro jetting, kitchen and toilet remodeling, repairing of faucets, sewer lines, toilets, water systems and the burst pipes, water filtration systems, sewer lines etc. You can get to us by calling (604) 679-8000. Hire our professional services and you would not be disappointed.
Posted in Plumbing
There are scores of some common plumbing issues that homeowners generally face such as clogged drains, pump failures leaking pipes, running toilets etc. The frequency of the plumbing issues is based on how old a house is. The new property owners do not face any plumbing problems as such, whereas the property owners of old houses do.
Here are some of the common plumbing problems, which the plumbers in Surrey generally face.
- Blocked Drains: Clogged drains can ruin your property appreciably. The random debris and grease can slowly accumulate inside the pipes leading to their blockage. You should hire the professional plumbing services in Surrey and have the blocked drains cleaned on a regular basis. Stagnant water in the clogged drains can lead to damage of the property causing health problems. Water leakage can result in weakening of the structural integrity of property causing discoloration, warping and water stains. Moreover, stagnant water causes mosquito breeding and spreads germs and diseases. Hence, this problem requires quick attention.
- Failure of the Sump Pumps: The sump pump works like the fire extinguisher and is needed during emergencies for expelling water from the flooded basement. There can be a couple of reasons for the failure of a sump pump such as clogged pipe, stuck switch, improper installation, no hole for releasing air, low upkeep etc. It is mandatory to keep your sump pump working optimally for taking care of the emergency situations. In order to repair a malfunctioning sump pump, you need professional help.
- Cracked Pipes: Leaking from the water pipes is a common problem homeowners face during winter months. The leaks are located near the joints of the pipes. To detect any pipe leakage watch out for the wet areas near the ground or ceiling as water leakage can ruin your property considerably. You can have this problem fixed by hiring plumbing services in Surrey.
- Overflowing of the Toilet: If your toilet is overflowing, it is a grave problem that needs immediate attention. There could be various reasons responsible for the overflow in the toilets. One of the reasons could be insufficient water in the tanks needed for the ‘siphon action’ in the bowl is not possible leading to overflow. Among the other reasons is the faulty position of refill tube that hampers filling of ‘toilet bowl’. To fix this problem you need to hire adept plumbers in Surrey.
For any type of plumbing problems, avail the help of professional Surrey plumbers of 911 Plumbing Heating Drainage Ltd. We offer a comprehensive range of services that includes drain cleaning, repiping, hydro jetting, kitchen and toilet remodeling, repairing of faucets, sewer lines, toilets, water systems and the burst pipes, water filtration systems, sewer lines etc. Hire our services by calling at (604) 679-8000. We look forward to helping you at the earliest.
Posted in Plumbing
Knowing certain basics of plumbing can help you to prevent small flaws from snowballing into huge problems. For instance, with some knowledge about water pipes, you can stop water leakage from these pipes in biting cold weather. An addressed leakage can lead to a big problem like flooding that you would want to avoid at all cost.
Here are some tips to help you to prevent a minor leakage in pipes.
- Inspection on a Regular Basis: It is a good habit to inspect all the water pipes in your home to ensure there are no cracks in them. A Regular inspection would help you in detecting flaws in your pipes that may need immediate attention. Buckled or corroded pipes required to be fixed promptly. With thorough inspection, you can prevent a small problem from snowballing into a huge defect in future.
- Be Careful Not to Overload your Sink: Overloading sinks can cause the water pipes to leak. Thus, care should be taken to avoid overloading the kitchen sink. You should even look for leakage under your sink. Hire the services of plumbers in Surrey for repairing leaks promptly.
- Complete Insulation of your House: It is absolutely necessary to ensure that water continuously flows through the pipes as stagnant water in pipes can freeze when they come in contact with the exterior portion of a house during the snowy winters. Frozen water inside pipes causes cracking of the water pipes. You can prevent water from freezing inside the pipes by ensuring it is constantly moving. This can be done by leaving facets open for a long period of time when you are away from home. Another way of doing it is insulating your house completely.
- Replace the Worn-Out Washers: It is a good idea to replace the worn-out washers instead of the fixtures. It is way much cheaper replacing a worn-out washer than spending on a fixture.
- Installing Frost-Free Host Bib: To ensure water does not freeze within the pipes hire professional Surrey plumbers and have a ‘frost-free’ hose-bib installed. With an arrangement like this, you can shut off the water near to your house and prevent water from accumulating in the pipes that would finally result in freezing.
- Replace Faucets After a Period of Time: The mechanical faucets need to be replaced from time to time as they are not sturdy enough. A corroded and worn-out faucet can cause water leaks. Some homeowners use worn-out faucets for prolonged periods of time. As a result, it gets difficult to obtain spare parts of worn-out facets after many years. It is, however, cheaper to buy a brand new facet than spending on difficult repair work on worn-out old faucets.
For all kinds of plumbing issues hire the services of efficient plumbers in Surrey. 911 Plumbing Heating Drainage Ltd offers an array of plumbing services such as repiping, drain cleaning, hydro jetting, remodeling of the toilets and the kitchens, fixing of the faucets as well as burst pipes, water filtration systems, toilets, sewer lines etc. Avail the plumbing services in Surrey by reaching us at (604) 679-8000. We would provide assistance as soon as possible.
Posted in Plumbing
Plumbing problem is a common issue many homeowners face quite frequently. Homeowners do not have the required knowledge or plumbing expertise and hence attempting a DIY would be foolishness on their part. Having insufficient knowledge about plumbing, they should hire professional plumbers in Surrey. This would solve the plumbing issue right away and save you as a homeowner from expensive repairs later.
Let’s look at some of the common signs that indicate you need to hire a plumber right away.
- Leaking Faucets: Water leaking from several faucets at the same time indicates a big problem that requires the help of professional plumbers in Surrey. They have the adequate knowledge and experience to find out the problem in a jiffy. Once they detect the problem, with their expertise can fix it promptly.
- Gurgling Sound: A gurgling sound when you run the dishwasher, laundry or use your toilet, indicates compromised or clogged drain that needs immediate attention. In such cases, you need to hire professional plumbing services in Surrey.
- Slow Draining: If you find your bathroom or kitchen sinks are taking a long time to drain, you need to take professional help for removing the clog. If your toilet, tub or sink takes a long time to drain, you should hire the pro instead of attempting to do it yourself. Trying the plumbing task without proper knowledge and tools could damage your pipes beyond repair.
- Sewage or Rotten Egg Smell: If your toilet smells of rotten eggs, it could mean a broken sewer pipe or vent below your house. If not fixed promptly the broken pipes or vents can result in an environmental problem which can damage your foundation.
- Reduced Pressure of Water: Reduced water pressure in your kitchen or bathroom indicates gunk buildup in the faucet aerator. After removing the residue from your faucet, if the pressure is not restored, it could be a big problem such as fractured pipes or eroded waterline. In such a situation it is best to hire a professional plumber for the task.
- The Sound of Water in the Pipes: The sound of water running in the pipes when the toilet is not in use indicates a leak in the toilet. Watch out for the brown or wet spots on the floors, ceilings, and It is essential to check the water meter for finding out whether it is spinning when not in use. If you hear water gushing into the toilet bowl, it could be a simple repair but hissing sound from the toilet could mean damage to the tank components. This means a big problem that requires professional help.
Hire the plumbing services of 911 Plumbing Heating Drainage Ltd. We offer all types of services related to plumbing like repair of the toilet, burst pipe, garbage disposal, tubs or showers. We even offer emergency plumbing services around the clock. For any kind of plumbing issue get in touch with us by calling at (604) 679-8000. We would promptly send you our adept plumbers.
Posted in Plumbing
During the festive season, homeowners take all the measures to solve the electrical and plumbing problems of their house. Whether it is Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter, homeowners spend a lot of time in their kitchens preparing elaborate meals that the festivals demand. As a result, they make sure that their kitchens are in optimum working condition with no clogged drains and backed-up sinks during the festivities. To fix the problems of leaking water pipes and clogged kitchen drains, they should avail plumbing services in Surrey and ensure their kitchens are functioning optimally.
Here are suggestions for keeping your kitchen pipe unclogged:
- Avoid Pushing Waste Down the Drains: Make a habit of discarding the food waste such as fibrous vegetables, starchy foods, fruit seeds etc. into the garbage cans. If this waste enters the water pipe, they form an entangled mesh, which attracts further debris resulting in the formation of a big clog. Hence it is advised to use the garbage cans for discarding food waste to avoid clogging the drains.
- Use the ‘Drain Mesh’: It is essential to have the drain mesh for preventing the unwanted food material from being pushed down the water pipes. By doing so, you can effectively avoid clogging the water pipes.
- Run the Faucet and Garbage Disposal Together: Make sure to run the faucet while disposing of your garbage. This would permit you to disintegrate the food particles and make the process of garbage disposal much easier. If solid food debris gets deposited without any water, there are higher chances of the water pipes getting choked. If your drain gets choked you should avail the professional help of the Surrey plumbers.
- Prevent Sticking of the Fats and Grease Inside Kitchen Pipes: It is essential to ensure that grease and fats do not stick to kitchen pipes. Solid grease can stick inside pipes causing their blockage. Hence ensure that oily foodstuff does not enter your kitchen pipes to result in the clogging of drains and water pipes.
- Do not Use Strong Chemical Cleaners: It is best to avoid using store-bought cleaners. Most of the cleaners are harsh and can damage water pipes causing leaks. Hence, instead of using powerful chemical cleaners, you should hire plumbers in Surrey.
For the various types of plumbing problems avail plumbing services in Surrey. We offer a host of plumbing services which include remodeling of kitchens or bathrooms, drain cleaning, hydro jetting, repiping, faucet fixing, installing and repairing of tubs, showers, water heaters etc. We even offer our services for repairing cracked pipes, water filtration systems, tankless heaters, garbage disposals, sewers etc. Our skilled plumbers are effectively trained for the task and are available 24/7 to assist you. Seek our services by calling (604) 679-8000. We look forward to helping you.
Posted in Plumbing
Leaking pipes and clogged toilets are the common plumbing problems that crop up every now and then in homes. Hence plumbers are in great demand in the residential and the commercial sectors. Choosing an incompetent plumber will not solve the plumbing issue effectively. Hence care should be taken while selecting plumbers in Surrey. Here are a few common mistakes homeowners make while selecting plumbers.
- Not Taking into Account the Insurance: Before availing the service of a plumber in Surrey, ensure he has required insurance that covers the cost associated with damage to the property during plumbing work. This would help you to remain stress-free while the plumbing work is going on. The plumber would be liable for any kind of damage made to your property. Ensure he has the adequate personal insurance that covers any kind of injury he might obtain while carrying out the plumbing task.
- Choosing Solely on Cost Basis: Choosing a plumber based completely on cost is not wise. Inexperienced plumbers charge less for not having the required expertise. They can even damage your water pipes while carrying out the plumbing task. Hence, it is better to spend more on an experienced plumber than save by choosing an amateur one.
- Not Considering the Plumber’s License: For hiring Surrey plumbers many homeowners choose a plumber on the basis of experience and overlook their license. It is, however essential to check a plumber’s license to be ensured that he has the adequate expertise to perform the plumbing task proficiently. It is not wise to judge the proficiency of a plumber from the tools he has or by the years he has been into this profession.
- Not Bothering about Feedbacks: Many homeowners avoid taking feedbacks regarding the performance of plumbers from their previous clients. This is a big mistake they make. You can get first-hand information regarding the expertise of a plumber from previous clients. You can even check the customer reviews online. From the authentic feedbacks and reviews, it would be possible for you to select an adept plumber who can solve the plumbing problems effectively.
For various plumbing problems, hire plumbers in Surrey. Avail the services of 911 Plumbing and Heating Drainage Ltd. We offer scores of plumbing services that include repiping, drain cleaning, remodeling of kitchens or bathrooms, hydro jetting, faucet fixing, repairing of sewer lines, toilets and cracked pipes. We even help in repairing tubs, tankless water heaters, burst pipes, sewers, garbage disposals, water filtration systems and much more. Our well-trained, experienced and adept plumbers are available around the clock. You can avail our services any time of the day and even during the odd hours. Avail the plumbing services of our proficient plumbers by calling (604) 679-8000. We would provide you help promptly.
A stinking toilet can be annoying and there are many ways to deal with the problem. The foul smell can emanate from the bathroom due to clogged drains and poor techniques of cleaning. To keep your bathroom spic and span and smelling fresh make sure there are no choked up pipes or clogged drains. You can hire the professional plumbing services in Surrey to keep your drains unclogged and your toilet smelling fresh.
Ways to Deal with a Stinking Toilet
- Ventilate Bathroom: After using your bathroom open the windows to let out the foul smell. Even after taking a shower ensure your bathroom fan is turned on and windows are open. The moist air from the hot shower can result in the buildup of dew and produce a musty smell in the bathroom.
- Ensure Drains are Unclogged: Clogged drains result in foul odor in the bathrooms. You should make a habit of flushing the bathroom drain with hot water. Leave the tap turned on for a couple of minutes. This would dislodge any debris or dirt stuck up in the drains. You can even occasionally use a plunger to dislodge debris in the drain. If all your methods fail then call a plumber to do the needful. They have the right set of tools and expertise to have the work done in a jiffy.
- Check for Mould: The buildup of mold can be a reason for the foul smell in the bathroom. You should periodically check your bathroom to spot mold. Many times mold is confused with dirt or soot and thereby overlooked. Call a plumber to ensure there are no leaks in the water pipes of your bathroom. Water leakage leads to the growth of mold around water pipes and under the sink.
- Periodic Cleaning: Keeping your bathroom clean by mopping the floor and cleaning the shower, bathtub and toilet bowl. BY doing so you can help to prevent the buildup of foul odor. You can use a mixture of lemon juice, vinegar and baking soda for effectively cleaning your toilet.
- Re-caulk Tiles: Caulk exists between the tiles and walls of the bathroom. With the passage of time, it becomes porous and thereby absorbs odor. Even after periodic cleaning of your bathroom if the foul smell persists, replace the old caulk with a fresh one.
- Remove Trash: Make a habit of emptying the wastebasket of the bathroom once every week.
- Use Air Freshener: You can make use of air purifiers, fresheners and desiccants to eliminate bad odor from your bathroom. Mild dew can lead to the development of foul odor. You can solve this problem with the help of desiccants that can absorb the moisture and prevent the buildup of dew.
Thu for all your plumbing problems gets in touch with the proficient Surrey plumbers. 911 Plumbing Heating Drainage Ltd can provide a multitude of plumbing services like drain cleaning, repiping, hydro jetting, kitchens or bathroom remodeling, fixing of faucets, burst pipes, toilets, sewer line etc. Hire the plumbing services of our adept plumbers by calling up at (604) 679-8000. We would offer help promptly.
Posted in Plumbing
Plumbing problems can crop up from time to time if care is not taken to keep a toilet functioning optimally. With limited knowledge of plumbing, it is foolish to do the task all by yourself. In the case of emergency, the only option remains is to hire professional plumbing services in Surrey. Here are some suggestions that can help you to avoid messy and leaky toilet problems.
Tips to Prevent Annoying Toilet Problems
Regular Cleaning of Toilet with Mild Cleaners: You can use mild soap, vinegar or baking soda for cleaning your toilet regularly. A clean toilet not only smells good but also helps in detecting flaws which should be fixed.
Inspection of the Working of a Toilet: Regular inspection of a toilet is a must to make sure all the components of the toilet are working properly. Examine carefully to make sure the flapper is sealing properly.
Fix a Leaking Toilet Promptly: It is generally difficult to detect toilet leaks as the water leaks into the toilet bowl and down the toilet drain without leaving a water puddle on the floor. Once you detect the leak call the professional Surrey plumbers to fix the problem right away.
Avoid Flushing Items Other That Faeces and Toilet Paper: One of the most important things to remember is to avoid flushing items other than those that can be easily be dissolved in the toilet bowl. You should teach your children only to flush down toilet paper and human waste. Any other material other than these can lead to the clogging of the water pipes and plumbing problems.
Make Sure to Use the Right Toilet Paper: All toilet paper is not made the same way. Some disintegrate faster and can be disposed off easily. You should use toilet paper that can break down easily to avoid the clogging of the sewage pipes in the house and thereby results in backups in the lateral line.
Avoid Using Harsh Chemical Cleaners: Harsh chemical cleaners not only damage the pipes and fixtures, but are even harmful to health when inhaled. Another problem of using strong chemical cleaners is that they kill the good bacteria in the septic tank.
Check Water Pressure: High water pressure can lead to the fracturing of the water pipes and cause leakage. Thus the best way to avoid cracks and leaks in the water pipes is by reducing the water pressure.
For any kind of plumbing problems in Surrey, call the professional and reputed Surrey plumbers. 911 Plumbing Heating Drainage Ltd. Offers a host of plumbing services such as repiping, drain cleaning, hydro jetting, remodeling of bathrooms and kitchens, repair and replacement of toilets, faucets, sewer line, burst pipes etc. You can avail the services of our proficient plumbers in Surrey by calling (604) 679-8000. We would offer assistance at the earliest.
Posted in Plumbing
Repiping is the term used for replacing the old pipes on a gas well or building. To carry out the task effectively you need to hire professional plumbers. You have to consider an array of factors for carrying out the task of plumbing in Surrey effectively. From the type of the piping material, weather conditions to the cost of piping, everything should be taken into consideration. The material you choose should depend on the geographical location of your home. Thus the material you choose for repiping should solely be based on the climate of a place. Let us look at the various aspects you need to take into account before going for repiping.
Temperature: When you are considering repiping you need to take the weather into account. In a cold area repiping should be done in a way to avoid having frozen pipes that can ultimately burst. In a drought-prone dry area cast iron should be avoided for repiping as it cracks under pressure due to ground shifts that take place in hot temperatures and dry heat, which make it brittle.
Humidity: Pipe sweating is harmful to the structural framework of a building. Pipe sweating takes place in the hot months of summer in the basement and the crawlspace areas. Sweating of the pipes takes place in both the winter and the summer months. PEX tubing is crafted from a plastic material and the main pipe is fabricated of copper. The cold water passing through the pipes transfers the ‘cold energy’ to the pipe walls. The humid air on contacting with the cold water pipe walls condense and produces water puddles in the basement. Watch out for sweating of pipes as this is a warning sign that repiping needs to be done on an urgent basis.
Cost: Repiping is a costly procedure but at the same time essential too. Thus, you should not delay it and have it done right away. You should take repiping as an investment rather than an expenditure that can help you to save on expensive repairs in the future. Make sure the repiping is done with the right materials and competent plumbers in Surrey. They have the required knowledge of the right brands and materials to be used for the procedure of repiping.
Thus, for all types of plumbing issues, you should hire plumbers in Surrey. We have a proficient team of plumbers at Plumbing Heating Drainage Ltd. who has the experience and expertise to solve all types of plumbing issues that includes drain cleaning, repiping, toilet repair, replacement of fixtures, sinks, and faucets, kitchen, and bathroom remodeling and much more. Reach us by calling at (604) 679-8000 and we would provide assistance to you promptly. We are available around the clock to help you.
Snow can affect the plumbing system of your house to a great extent. From frozen or burst pipes, faulty water heaters to blocked kitchen drains are some of the common winter plumbing issues people face when the temperature drops. If you face such a problem you should hire proficient plumbing services in Surrey. Here are some common winter plumbing issues that plumbers face during the winter months.
- Bursting of the Frozen Pipes: The external water pipes are prone to expanding, freezing and bursting during the cold winter months causing massive damage to a house. If you face such a problem in your home in Surrey, the first thing you should do is turn off the supply of water to your house. The next thing to do is to call up a professional plumber in Surrey, who has the expertise to assess your water pipe condition fast, replace the burst pipes and offer you suggestions on the required restoration process.
- Breakdown of the ‘Hot Water’ Heaters: When it is very cold outside, hot water heaters are used to their maximum limit such as for laundry, washing dishes, bathing and much more causing them to function improperly. In such a condition you should take the professional help of plumbers. They have the expertise in all kinds of plumbing-related problems and would be able to repair your water heater in no time.
- Clogged Kitchen Drains: Food waste, cooking oil or grease can clog the water pipes and it can be a real task clearing the blocked pipes with home-concocted drainage products, snake plungers, and any other plumbing tools that can help to clear the clogged pipes. When all your DIY efforts fail, the best thing to do is to avail professional plumbing services in Surrey. The professional plumbers have the right set of tools, knowledge, expertise, and experience to clear clogged drains or pipes in a jiffy.
- Breakdown of Plumbing System: Stagnant water in the pipes can freeze and result in the blockage of the water pipes with ice. This gradually leads to build up of pressure within the pipes causing breakdown or leakage in the plumbing system. In such a situation you should avail professional help. To save your plumbing system, disconnect the water hoses and drain lines before the outside temperature drops appreciably.
Do not worry about any kind of plumbing problem, when Plumbing Heating Drainage Ltd. is available to help you. We have an efficient team of plumbers who have the technical expertise of carrying out all kinds of plumbing problems such as clearing clogged drains, toilets, repair of sewer line, fixtures, faucets, heaters, kitchen and bathroom remodeling etc. We are just a phone call away. Call us up at (604) 679-8000 and we would be happy to help you.