A stinking toilet can be annoying and there are many ways to deal with the problem. The foul smell can emanate from the bathroom due to clogged drains and poor techniques of cleaning. To keep your bathroom spic and span and smelling fresh make sure there are no choked up pipes or clogged drains. You can hire the professional plumbing services in Surrey to keep your drains unclogged and your toilet smelling fresh.
Ways to Deal with a Stinking Toilet
- Ventilate Bathroom: After using your bathroom open the windows to let out the foul smell. Even after taking a shower ensure your bathroom fan is turned on and windows are open. The moist air from the hot shower can result in the buildup of dew and produce a musty smell in the bathroom.
- Ensure Drains are Unclogged: Clogged drains result in foul odor in the bathrooms. You should make a habit of flushing the bathroom drain with hot water. Leave the tap turned on for a couple of minutes. This would dislodge any debris or dirt stuck up in the drains. You can even occasionally use a plunger to dislodge debris in the drain. If all your methods fail then call a plumber to do the needful. They have the right set of tools and expertise to have the work done in a jiffy.
- Check for Mould: The buildup of mold can be a reason for the foul smell in the bathroom. You should periodically check your bathroom to spot mold. Many times mold is confused with dirt or soot and thereby overlooked. Call a plumber to ensure there are no leaks in the water pipes of your bathroom. Water leakage leads to the growth of mold around water pipes and under the sink.
- Periodic Cleaning: Keeping your bathroom clean by mopping the floor and cleaning the shower, bathtub and toilet bowl. BY doing so you can help to prevent the buildup of foul odor. You can use a mixture of lemon juice, vinegar and baking soda for effectively cleaning your toilet.
- Re-caulk Tiles: Caulk exists between the tiles and walls of the bathroom. With the passage of time, it becomes porous and thereby absorbs odor. Even after periodic cleaning of your bathroom if the foul smell persists, replace the old caulk with a fresh one.
- Remove Trash: Make a habit of emptying the wastebasket of the bathroom once every week.
- Use Air Freshener: You can make use of air purifiers, fresheners and desiccants to eliminate bad odor from your bathroom. Mild dew can lead to the development of foul odor. You can solve this problem with the help of desiccants that can absorb the moisture and prevent the buildup of dew.
Thu for all your plumbing problems gets in touch with the proficient Surrey plumbers. 911 Plumbing Heating Drainage Ltd can provide a multitude of plumbing services like drain cleaning, repiping, hydro jetting, kitchens or bathroom remodeling, fixing of faucets, burst pipes, toilets, sewer line etc. Hire the plumbing services of our adept plumbers by calling up at (604) 679-8000. We would offer help promptly.
Posted in Plumbing
Plumbing problems can crop up from time to time if care is not taken to keep a toilet functioning optimally. With limited knowledge of plumbing, it is foolish to do the task all by yourself. In the case of emergency, the only option remains is to hire professional plumbing services in Surrey. Here are some suggestions that can help you to avoid messy and leaky toilet problems.
Tips to Prevent Annoying Toilet Problems
Regular Cleaning of Toilet with Mild Cleaners: You can use mild soap, vinegar or baking soda for cleaning your toilet regularly. A clean toilet not only smells good but also helps in detecting flaws which should be fixed.
Inspection of the Working of a Toilet: Regular inspection of a toilet is a must to make sure all the components of the toilet are working properly. Examine carefully to make sure the flapper is sealing properly.
Fix a Leaking Toilet Promptly: It is generally difficult to detect toilet leaks as the water leaks into the toilet bowl and down the toilet drain without leaving a water puddle on the floor. Once you detect the leak call the professional Surrey plumbers to fix the problem right away.
Avoid Flushing Items Other That Faeces and Toilet Paper: One of the most important things to remember is to avoid flushing items other than those that can be easily be dissolved in the toilet bowl. You should teach your children only to flush down toilet paper and human waste. Any other material other than these can lead to the clogging of the water pipes and plumbing problems.
Make Sure to Use the Right Toilet Paper: All toilet paper is not made the same way. Some disintegrate faster and can be disposed off easily. You should use toilet paper that can break down easily to avoid the clogging of the sewage pipes in the house and thereby results in backups in the lateral line.
Avoid Using Harsh Chemical Cleaners: Harsh chemical cleaners not only damage the pipes and fixtures, but are even harmful to health when inhaled. Another problem of using strong chemical cleaners is that they kill the good bacteria in the septic tank.
Check Water Pressure: High water pressure can lead to the fracturing of the water pipes and cause leakage. Thus the best way to avoid cracks and leaks in the water pipes is by reducing the water pressure.
For any kind of plumbing problems in Surrey, call the professional and reputed Surrey plumbers. 911 Plumbing Heating Drainage Ltd. Offers a host of plumbing services such as repiping, drain cleaning, hydro jetting, remodeling of bathrooms and kitchens, repair and replacement of toilets, faucets, sewer line, burst pipes etc. You can avail the services of our proficient plumbers in Surrey by calling (604) 679-8000. We would offer assistance at the earliest.
Posted in Plumbing
Repiping is the term used for replacing the old pipes on a gas well or building. To carry out the task effectively you need to hire professional plumbers. You have to consider an array of factors for carrying out the task of plumbing in Surrey effectively. From the type of the piping material, weather conditions to the cost of piping, everything should be taken into consideration. The material you choose should depend on the geographical location of your home. Thus the material you choose for repiping should solely be based on the climate of a place. Let us look at the various aspects you need to take into account before going for repiping.
Temperature: When you are considering repiping you need to take the weather into account. In a cold area repiping should be done in a way to avoid having frozen pipes that can ultimately burst. In a drought-prone dry area cast iron should be avoided for repiping as it cracks under pressure due to ground shifts that take place in hot temperatures and dry heat, which make it brittle.
Humidity: Pipe sweating is harmful to the structural framework of a building. Pipe sweating takes place in the hot months of summer in the basement and the crawlspace areas. Sweating of the pipes takes place in both the winter and the summer months. PEX tubing is crafted from a plastic material and the main pipe is fabricated of copper. The cold water passing through the pipes transfers the ‘cold energy’ to the pipe walls. The humid air on contacting with the cold water pipe walls condense and produces water puddles in the basement. Watch out for sweating of pipes as this is a warning sign that repiping needs to be done on an urgent basis.
Cost: Repiping is a costly procedure but at the same time essential too. Thus, you should not delay it and have it done right away. You should take repiping as an investment rather than an expenditure that can help you to save on expensive repairs in the future. Make sure the repiping is done with the right materials and competent plumbers in Surrey. They have the required knowledge of the right brands and materials to be used for the procedure of repiping.
Thus, for all types of plumbing issues, you should hire plumbers in Surrey. We have a proficient team of plumbers at Plumbing Heating Drainage Ltd. who has the experience and expertise to solve all types of plumbing issues that includes drain cleaning, repiping, toilet repair, replacement of fixtures, sinks, and faucets, kitchen, and bathroom remodeling and much more. Reach us by calling at (604) 679-8000 and we would provide assistance to you promptly. We are available around the clock to help you.
Snow can affect the plumbing system of your house to a great extent. From frozen or burst pipes, faulty water heaters to blocked kitchen drains are some of the common winter plumbing issues people face when the temperature drops. If you face such a problem you should hire proficient plumbing services in Surrey. Here are some common winter plumbing issues that plumbers face during the winter months.
- Bursting of the Frozen Pipes: The external water pipes are prone to expanding, freezing and bursting during the cold winter months causing massive damage to a house. If you face such a problem in your home in Surrey, the first thing you should do is turn off the supply of water to your house. The next thing to do is to call up a professional plumber in Surrey, who has the expertise to assess your water pipe condition fast, replace the burst pipes and offer you suggestions on the required restoration process.
- Breakdown of the ‘Hot Water’ Heaters: When it is very cold outside, hot water heaters are used to their maximum limit such as for laundry, washing dishes, bathing and much more causing them to function improperly. In such a condition you should take the professional help of plumbers. They have the expertise in all kinds of plumbing-related problems and would be able to repair your water heater in no time.
- Clogged Kitchen Drains: Food waste, cooking oil or grease can clog the water pipes and it can be a real task clearing the blocked pipes with home-concocted drainage products, snake plungers, and any other plumbing tools that can help to clear the clogged pipes. When all your DIY efforts fail, the best thing to do is to avail professional plumbing services in Surrey. The professional plumbers have the right set of tools, knowledge, expertise, and experience to clear clogged drains or pipes in a jiffy.
- Breakdown of Plumbing System: Stagnant water in the pipes can freeze and result in the blockage of the water pipes with ice. This gradually leads to build up of pressure within the pipes causing breakdown or leakage in the plumbing system. In such a situation you should avail professional help. To save your plumbing system, disconnect the water hoses and drain lines before the outside temperature drops appreciably.
Do not worry about any kind of plumbing problem, when Plumbing Heating Drainage Ltd. is available to help you. We have an efficient team of plumbers who have the technical expertise of carrying out all kinds of plumbing problems such as clearing clogged drains, toilets, repair of sewer line, fixtures, faucets, heaters, kitchen and bathroom remodeling etc. We are just a phone call away. Call us up at (604) 679-8000 and we would be happy to help you.
While talking about a good plumbing system, you cannot leave out pipes. Sturdy pipes are an essential part of every house’s plumbing system, however; they are not going to last forever. With years of use, they might rust, crack and undergo deterioration that might cause a severe damage to your household’s plumbing system. Now the question arises, what are you going to do with these pipes? You might want to repair them but in certain cases, replacing them is the only way to salvage the situation.
Common Causes Of Damaged Pipes
- Freezing Temperatures And Unprotected Piping: Water in the pipes can freeze at low temperatures, causing bursting of the pipes as water expands when it becomes ice. The pipe can burst from the middle or from its weaker joints. It is mostly seen in the case of plastic and copper pipes.
- Hydraulic shocks: Hydraulic shocks that are caused by the abrupt opening and closing of valves can result in bursting of pipes due to a lot of stress on the plumbing system. In homes, hydraulic shocks can happen because of toilets, washing machines or dishwashers operating too abruptly or with high water pressure.
- Age: If the pipes have been in use for a long time, they can develop rust or just weaken, resulting in cracks. Old pipes get brittle with time.
- Pipe Material: While some pipes like the ones made up of copper, brass and galvanized steel can last for a long time, pipes made from other materials are not going to last long.
- Lack Of Maintenance: One of the key factors of a healthy and efficient plumbing system is good maintenance. New pipes would not last long without proper maintenance whereas old ones can last longer if they are given proper maintenance.
Should You Replace Your Pipes Or Repair Them?
It goes without saying that replacing the pipes would cost more than doing plumbing repairs. There are many factors you have to take into account before you choose one over the other.
- If the pipes are very old, chances are that they would not last for a long time. So, in order to be on the safe side, you might want to replace them. Although, before you begin the project, having an idea about the type of pipes used in the plumbing would be beneficial. Some pipes last longer than others with just some good maintenance.
- Replacing the whole plumbing skeleton at once would be a strain on your budget. Sometimes, doing replacements on a long-term basis can prove to be a more prudent investment.
- If it was just a onetime leak, you do not need to replace the pipes. Instead, have the plumbing repairs done by a licensed plumber in Surrey.
You can contact 911 Plumbing Heating Drainage, LTD for plumbing services in Surrey. They make use of state of art equipment for a long-term solution. Their skilled plumbers would take care of the problem in a jiffy and you get the repairs done at very affordable prices.
The importance of a good plumbing system in a house cannot be stressed enough. In order to keep your plumbing system working efficiently, you have to keep your eyes and ears open to certain signs and symptoms that might indicate towards a fault in the system. Having these defects fixed on time by a plumber can prevent a lot of damage from taking place, subsequently saving you from a plumbing emergency that might cost you a fortune.
Symptoms Of A Clogged Sewer Drain
A clogged sewer drain is not something that should be taken lightly. If you do not get it fixed on time, it might escalate to a plumbing emergency that can cause health and sanitation problems. The thing is, if the sewer drain is clogged, the sewer water having no way to get out, would find a way to get back into the household plumbing system.
- Toilets are one of the best indicators of any faulty sewer drains since they have the most direct path to the sewer and posses the biggest drain line. It can be inferred that the toilets would not function properly if there is a case of a clogged sewer drain.
- The second most important indicators would be the presence of any blockage in the tub and shower drains. Since they are located at a lower level than the sink drains, they get affected by any problem in the main line.
- Try flushing the toilet and see if the water backs up or comes up into the tub or shower. If you see this happening, your sewer drain is clogged because the flushed water was not able to go down the sewer drain. Instead, this water found its way back into the pipes and came out at the lowest point that is the shower drain in most cases.
- Run water in the sink that is located very near to the toilet for some time. If you see the water level in the toilet rising or see bubbles in it, this is an indication of trapped air in the plumbing system. The clog is most likely to be in the main sewer line.
Other Symptoms Pointing To Plumbing Problems
- Presence of sediments in water is a clear indication that the water has backed up from the main sewer line and not just in the internal plumbing of your home.
- Another indication is the foul smell. The pipes carrying sewage are airtight but due to blockage, the might develop cracks. The stench of sewage can leak through these cracks.
- Molds can grow from the place where a sewage pipe has broken.
Once you have concluded that there is no sort of problem in your plumbing system, it is prudent to call in the assistance of professional plumbing services in Surrey. You can contact 911 Plumbing Heating Drainage, LTD for long-term plumbing solutions. Their trained and licensed plumbers would fix your plumbing troubles in no time.
Posted in Plumbing
Virtually no home is ever free from plumbing issues. Whether it is the toilet or the kitchen sink, every house has seen that war between homeowners and a defective plumbing system at least more than once. It is especially aggravating when it is the kitchen sink that is acting up and you have lots of other work to do. Kitchen sinks have a bad habit of throwing a fit when you have other things to do. There are many issues that you can face with a kitchen sink. Some you can manage yourself, for other plumbing repairs, you consult a plumber.
Kitchen Sink Plumbing Issues That You Often Face
- Clogged drains are probably one of the most common plumbing issues you face. It occurs because of large food particles or other unwanted substances that somehow manage to get stuck in the drainpipe. You can usually take care of this problem with the help of a plunger if the clogging is just below the sink but it would not work if the clogging has happened way down the pipe.
- Low water pressure is another problem that you might encounter. It mostly occurs due to a mineral build up in the aerator as a result of which you only get a weak stream of water. This condition is more common if you use water with high mineral content in it. You can easily solve this by removing the aerator, soaking it in vinegar for six hours and then replacing it.
If the low water pressure is due to clogged water pipelines, you would need to call a plumber in Surrey.
- Is your faucet leaking? It might be due to some prior inadequate repair or because of a worn-out washer. If it is because of a worn out washer, you can turn off the water supply and replace the washer yourself. If the problem still continues to persist, you might have to call a professional.
- A garbage disposal unit is responsible for shredding the food particles into smaller pieces in order to facilitate their easy movement through the drain pipe. It is usually present under the kitchen sink, just between the drain and the trap. In case it stops working, you can reset it on your own but if the situation does not get better, you have to call the plumbing services in Surrey.
Some Things To Keep In Mind
- Remember to wear protective gear while working under the sink.
- Before attempting repair work, turn off the water supply lest you flood the kitchen.
- Use chemical drain cleaner solution only if you have a slow draining sink. Refrain from using it if your drain is completely clogged.
If your attempts are not producing any result, you can contact 911 Plumbing Heating Drainage. We offer long-term plumbing solutions to your needs as well as a fast response time to your plumbing emergency. You would have nothing to worry about with our efficient technicians.
Posted in Plumbing
A good plumbing system is an essential part of every home. However it cannot be debated that despite how well built the plumbing in your home is, plumbing problems are bound to occur sooner, or if you are lucky enough, later.
The old houses in Surrey are really beautiful to look at. For anyone in search of a house, these old houses are something out of a storybook. Made from antique materials that are worth a lot of money today, these houses make for a beautiful living space at low costs. But old houses especially, with their old plumbing systems are more prone to suffer from aggravating plumbing problems. So it would be in your best interests to know about these things before moving in.
Why are That Old Houses Suffer From So Many Plumbing Problems?
The answer is simple enough because they are old. There can be various factors contributing to the failing plumbing of an old house. Maybe the materials used for the plumbing were not able to withstand the passage of time or because the design of their plumbing system differs greatly from what we have today. The work of some previous inexperienced plumbers might have added to the misery of the old plumbing system as well.
Common Plumbing Problems In Old Homes
- Use of polybutylene pipes: These pipes are no longer used for plumbing purposes because of the various problems they caused. You would not find them being manufactured nowadays. However, they were used in houses during the late nineties so it is likely that some of the old houses of that era might still have them.
It is still uncertain why these pipes were so defective but it is generally agreed that the chlorine in the public water systems reacts with the plastic of the pipes. As a result, the pipes become brittle and eventually deteriorate. Contact experienced plumbers in Surrey as soon as possible if your entire plumbing system is made from these pipes and have all of them replaced to prevent a leak.
- Use of galvanized pipes: Although no longer used for water supply piping, these pipes are still manufactured for repair work of existing ones. Galvanized pipes were used for water supply in many of the older homes. When the zinc on these pipes erodes, the exposed iron can easily get rusted. This makes them easy to spot as water gets discolored. Surrey plumbers can replace these with better alternatives for you.
- Old drains are more susceptible to develop clogs especially if they were treated roughly by the previous homeowners.
- Since the house has probably seen many homeowners, it is likely that it has also gone through some improper DIY repairs and low-quality repairs are always bad.
It is really a reasonable decision to contact a plumber in case you encounter the aforementioned problems. Contact 911 Plumbing Heating Drainage services for your plumbing needs. We are a reputed company that has been providing quality plumbing services since a long time.
Posted in Plumbing
Do you feel that there is a lingering bad sewer-like stink inside your home? Are you puzzled and anxious to get rid of the disgusting sewer stench from your home? Such nasty odors apart from being a source of bad smell can also pose to be a dangerous health hazard for the entire family. Sewer gases release methane gas and other harmful bacteria into the environment. So, if you are wondering what exactly is causing the bad stink, the answer may be due to faulty plumbing fixtures.
Plumbing Issues Leading to Bad Sewer Odor
Plumbing fixtures like kitchen sinks, bathrooms, toilets, cast iron pipes, drain pipes, etc are connected to the main plumbing system through a network of big and small pipes. Every house plumbing system has inlaid pipes, vent stacks and trap doors to carry all the waste water away from the home to a public sewer system. If you are experiencing foul smell or bad sewer odor inside your house, it means that there may be a broken or cracked pipe or vent in your plumbing system. This leakage may be the main source through which sewer gases are finding a way into your rooms.
Let us explore five main weak links that can cause a plumbing emergency due to leakage of sewer odors:
- Poor Vent System – A plumbing system should ideally have a trap holder that can contain water and gases in a seal formation. This vent trap prevents bad odors from leaking inside the house and helps it to move outdoors.
- Wobbly Toilet – Air and gases may leak from around your toilet area, if the toilet bowl is not firmly sealed to the floor. You can easily check the toilet wax coat if it is damaged or broken.
- Choked-up Vent Pipes – An experienced and professional local Surrey plumber can be hired to inspect all the home vent pipes to check for any clogging or cracks.
- Damaged Sewer Pipe – Very old pipes made of cast iron can crack easily. It is best to get a professional expert from a reliable plumbing service in Surrey to visit your home and inspect all the sewer pipes and vent stacks.
- Dry Taps and Pipes – Unused dry taps or pipes can also cause a bad smell. A basement pipes or old kitchen tap are often connected to the waste water pipe through a u-shaped fixture. Low pressure can cause the sewer odor to escape through such unused pipes.
Apart from the above-mentioned bad smell issues, a dirty bathroom or toilet that is rarely cleaned can also give out a dirty stench. If you do not use chemicals and sanitize your washroom, bathroom and toilet areas, it can soon become a hotbed for harmful germs and sewer bacteria, and they release a persistent foul smell.
Hiring hard-working and experienced local Surrey plumbers such as 911 Plumbing Heating Drainage, LTD. can be a perfect solution to all your plumbing issues. Be it bad odor or some other grave plumbing related problem, the sincere and friendly plumbing staff from 911 Plumbing Heating Drainage, LTD. can provide best cost effective solutions.
Posted in Plumbing
If you are preparing for the cold wintry months in Surrey City, Canada, then it is advisable to prepare your home to tackle the icy weather with some smart plumbing tips. As the lovely fall season gives way to winter, make sure that all your plumbing issues related to gutters, faucets, pipes, and drains are sorted out. Doing periodic maintenance by hiring professional Surrey plumbers can help you face the chilly months later on. Freezing temperatures ahead may require you to look for reliable and fully experienced plumbers who know how to keep your home and outdoor space safe and secure.
Let us study some of the best plumbing ideas for homeowners in Surrey:
- Hose pipes – Garden hoses can be stowed away in your shed, basement or attic. As you disconnect the hose, remember to drain all the water and keep it in a warm place that doesn’t ideally freeze out during the cold climate. If you leave water in the garden hoses, they can freeze and break the hose pipe.
- Sewer system – For proper working of the sewer system, it is essential to conduct regular maintenance. Local plumbers in Surrey can be contacted to do the necessary inspection and carry out corrective repair works.
- Water heater – The yearly repair and inspection of your water heater is necessary if you want optimum efficiency. So, save money on your winter utility bills and increase the durability of your water heaters by hiring best quality plumbing in Surrey.
- Hose bib – Turn off the hose bib and its continuous water supply before the onset of winter. A leaking, faulty or frost-prone hose bib can add to your future plumbing problems. If you do not turn it off properly, water may freeze and cause the pipes to expand and burst. A professional and experienced plumber in Surrey can work on a new hose bib installation or repair the faulty ones.
- Sump pump – Safeguard your home against natural calamities like storm or tornados by repairing the sump pump. Make sure the pump is in good working condition to withstand heavy rain and stormy weather.
- Outdoor faucets – Keep all your outdoor faucets leak-free. Turn off their power supply from the interior valve in the basement. Protect the faucets using foam covering.
- Gutter – Clean the gutters using tools like shovel and broomsticks, to get rid of damp leaves and other dirty debris.
- Indoor faucets – Do not forget to check all your indoor home faucets and other plumbing fixtures such as toilets, kitchen sinks, and bathroom shower heads.
Performing such simple maintenance tasks during the fall period can save you from facing inconvenient plumbing issues. The above-mentioned plumbing tips can help homeowners to spend their winter months in relative comfort. A broken pipe or neglected hose bib can mess-up the entire plumbing system.
You can hire dependable and professional plumbers through 911 Plumbing Heating Drainage, LTD. They provide one of the best plumbing services in Canada. They also offer customer-friendly service with free estimates and round the clock emergency services.