It often becomes problematic to deal with water heating problems, and common people do not have the required knowledge. People usually get confused about whom to call in that situation. Well, it depends on the situation – there are situations when you can need an electrician or an HVAC. But it is recommended to get the help of a professional plumber to deal with water heating problems.
The professional plumbers in Surrey will take care that the problem is solved without any inconvenience. They know pipe and water heater related troubles well and helps you to get rid of them in no time. However, you should also know the signs of plumbing problems so that you can have your emergency plumbing done any time you need.
When to Call a Plumber With Water Heater Issues?
Any professional and licensed plumber can solve heating problems. They are trained to solve all kinds of water heating problems, such as piping, anode rod, heating elements, electrical wiring, gas lines, etc.
The problems in which you might need a plumber are as follows –
- A Leak In The Water Supply: This is the moment which calls for a plumber for sure. A mainline broke, and there is water all over the house. This can happen occasionally, but when it happens, you should be ready to combat the situation. First, you should look for a valve that’s near the leak and turn it off.
This will prevent the water from coming to the leak rather than cutting off water from the whole house. If you are not that lucky to find it, then turn off the valve of the main water supply in your house and immediately call for a professional.
- If Your Water Heater Has A Gas Leak: The situation is not normal if you smell gas around your house water heater. There can be malfunctioning in the thermocouple, or there may be a leak in the flexible and rigid pipes that leads to the heater. In such cases, without having a second thought, you should call for a plumber as soon as possible.
- There Is A Lack Of Hot Water: There may be a situation when you have hot water, but it’s less. This might seem a very small problem but can lead to a major one if not looked immediately. Problems such as the dip tube might send cold water to the bottom for heating the water. Sediments can also build in the tank, taking away too much of space for the heated water.
If you get into such problems to contact us on 911 plumbing heating, we provide you with the best services and even same day service. Our workers are trained and professional in handling all sorts of problems. We provide all kinds of services to our clients and help them install, repair, and maintain their appliances without any inconvenience.
Being a resident of Surrey, you would surely know how important it is to have a good quality water heater that acts as your winter armor. The soothing feel of warm water through hot showers, washing machines, and kitchen sinks can indeed be a great relief. Weather in Vancouver makes the water heater indispensible. Old water heaters, which have served more than ten years, cannot provide peak or optimum functionality. So, watch out for signs of wear and tear and contact an expert technician before a major break-down occurs.
Signs that Indicate a Water Heater Break Down:
- Strange noises and rumbling sounds emanating from your geyser or heater can signify limited lifespan.
- The flow of reddish colored rusty water from your heater is a significant sign that the system is having some issues. It can mean the possibility of rust formation and leakage from the internal parts.
- Dense moisture all around your water heating system indicates that it has developed minor leaks inside the tank area. It can also indicate leakage from the water pipes or near the fittings.
In such a case, you can count on the services of plumbers in Surrey or consider a water heater replacement, if the damage is beyond repair. Dependable Surrey plumbers can also advice you on the right choice to make amongst the variety of water heaters available. Ensure you weigh the pros and cons of each type yourself before making a choice.
Different Types of Water Heaters
Electric Water Heaters
Electric heaters are equipped with a storage tank with good safety features. The heated water is stored in the tank. Timely maintenance by experienced plumbers in Surrey is essential to clean the air filters and checking its performance level. Electric water heaters are considered safer than gas heaters as gas leakage in a geyser can be extremely risk.
Gas Water Heaters
Natural gas water heaters are best suited for domestic purposes and are cost effective as compared to electric geysers. Gas heaters heat up cold water with the help of a gas burner. They are very energy efficient and easy to use. To retain its optimum performance, you need to contact reliable Surrey plumbers for an annual testing to ensure efficiency of the pressure valve and to detect leakages, if any.
Solar Water Heaters
Solar water heaters convert natural sunlight into useful renewable energy power for heating water through solar thermal systems. They are used globally and are an excellent source of green natural energy. A qualified plumber in Surrey can be hired for periodic inspections and to maintain the high-performance level of your solar heating system.
Go by the expert opinion of certified plumbers in Surrey for replacing old water heaters. If needed, it is advisable to avoid complicated repairs and replace the water heater itself. For reliable and reputed plumbing services in Surrey, get in touch with licensed experts at 911 Plumbing Heating Drainage, Ltd. We are one of the leading plumbers in Surrey. You can count us for timely service for all your plumbing requirements.