Hire Plumbing Experts To Tackle The Persistent Foul Sewer Odor
Posted in Plumbing Repairs
Do you feel that there is a lingering bad sewer-like stink inside your home? Are you puzzled and anxious to get rid of the disgusting sewer stench from your home? Such nasty odors apart from being a source of bad smell can also pose to be a dangerous health hazard for the entire family. Sewer gases release methane gas and other harmful bacteria into the environment. So, if you are wondering what exactly is causing the bad stink, the answer may be due to faulty plumbing fixtures.
Plumbing Issues Leading to Bad Sewer Odor
Plumbing fixtures like kitchen sinks, bathrooms, toilets, cast iron pipes, drain pipes, etc are connected to the main plumbing system through a network of big and small pipes. Every house plumbing system has inlaid pipes, vent stacks and trap doors to carry all the waste water away from the home to a public sewer system. If you are experiencing foul smell or bad sewer odor inside your house, it means that there may be a broken or cracked pipe or vent in your plumbing system. This leakage may be the main source through which sewer gases are finding a way into your rooms.
Let us explore five main weak links that can cause a plumbing emergency due to leakage of sewer odors:
- Poor Vent System – A plumbing system should ideally have a trap holder that can contain water and gases in a seal formation. This vent trap prevents bad odors from leaking inside the house and helps it to move outdoors.
- Wobbly Toilet – Air and gases may leak from around your toilet area, if the toilet bowl is not firmly sealed to the floor. You can easily check the toilet wax coat if it is damaged or broken.
- Choked-up Vent Pipes – An experienced and professional local Surrey plumber can be hired to inspect all the home vent pipes to check for any clogging or cracks.
- Damaged Sewer Pipe – Very old pipes made of cast iron can crack easily. It is best to get a professional expert from a reliable plumbing service in Surrey to visit your home and inspect all the sewer pipes and vent stacks.
- Dry Taps and Pipes – Unused dry taps or pipes can also cause a bad smell. A basement pipes or old kitchen tap are often connected to the waste water pipe through a u-shaped fixture. Low pressure can cause the sewer odor to escape through such unused pipes.
Apart from the above-mentioned bad smell issues, a dirty bathroom or toilet that is rarely cleaned can also give out a dirty stench. If you do not use chemicals and sanitize your washroom, bathroom and toilet areas, it can soon become a hotbed for harmful germs and sewer bacteria, and they release a persistent foul smell.
Hiring hard-working and experienced local Surrey plumbers such as 911 Plumbing Heating Drainage, LTD. can be a perfect solution to all your plumbing issues. Be it bad odor or some other grave plumbing related problem, the sincere and friendly plumbing staff from 911 Plumbing Heating Drainage, LTD. can provide best cost effective solutions.